The giveaways module is a fantastic way to gain followers through the use of a friendly competition.
Giveaways module allows you to select from three different giveaway types: Hashtag, Following and Tag Friends.
A hashtag giveaway is fairly common amongst influencers. A Hashtag giveaway is basically asking your followers to re=post a photo or post their own and use a set hashtag. If you aren’t using automation this would be the easiest to use, as you can filter through the hashtag to determine the winner.
Following giveaways are very simple and very good for attracting new followers. A following giveaway provides incentive for those not following you, to follow you for the purposes of the giveaway. This type of giveaway may have a bigger bounce rate however, as some may unfollow after the giveaway has concluded. The giveaways module allows you to take the hard work out of these particular giveaways as the software will check your account for you to determine those who are eligible to be in the competition and those who aren’t.
Tag Friends Giveaway
This particular type of giveaway is very simple but very effective. You post a giveaway post asking your followers to tag a set number of friends (in this instance it could be one, two or three). That is all they need to do. This can be a very effective method to use giveaways as your followers could be tagging up to three new people to look at your account. You can specify this in the drop down menu within the giveaways module.
How to use the module:
- Select the account to do the giveaway on
- Select the post for the giveaway to be featured on (you will need to have a post live prior to using the module)
- Select whether you want it to be a hashtag, follow or tag challenge. You can leave sections blank if you don’t wish to use that feature.
- Set your speed. The speed only indicates how fast you are searching through entries to determine eligibility. You can set the speed according to how many entries you expect to have.
- Set your end date. When you click on the end date box it will bring up a calendar. This will make sure that you don’t count any late entries.
- Set status to ‘active’
That’s all there is to it! Once the competition is live you can view eligibility determination through the activity log, and then you can view your winner once you have reached your end date. Make sure that the caption on your post reflects the criteria you select within this module, otherwise you won’t have any entries.
Any questions? Make sure to reach out to live chat if there is anything you want to see added to this article!